8.13.2006

General Update

Wow, we haven't posted in a while. There has been so much going on. I guess one of the biggest things to report is that James and I are now officially alone. Ivy moved out last weekend to greener pastures. She felt she needed to spread her wings I think, and we were more than happy to oblige. Things are going really well, James' favorite part is that he doesn't have to necessarily get dressed to walk into the living room, an image that I am sure all of you needed. Hey, it's the very small things in life you take for granted. And, without getting you all too involved in life, the "let's try to procreate" is back in full throttle; but enough of that.

I have found some time to read lately which has been nice. I am actually working on two books at once. One of the books is a non fiction book by John Grogan called "Marley & Me", the subtitle of this book is 'life and love with the world's worst dog'. This book is truly hilarious. It is definitely a book for dog owners, and very amusing anyway to those who aren't. I am also reading a book by Rick Warren called "The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For?” So far an excellent read, which answers the question on everyone's mind, 'What is our purpose'? The book is 40 chapters and intended to be read one chapter a day for 40 days. I am currently on Chapter 5 and have really enjoyed reading it so far. If you enjoy reading, these books are definitely worth it.

All other things are going well, our family camping trip is rapidly approaching, and we are still active in the church. Which reminds me ladies, do not forget about the SHINE conference in May, I hope many of you get to come. I sent an eVite to those who had email, and I still conjuring up a list of some others, so some of you should see those shortly.

Most of you know that I recently had a job offer to move to Fidelity, and some of you know that I changed my mind and decided to stay with Crawford and am training to move into a Developer position. I will certainly let you know how that progresses, very exciting stuff for me.

It is also birthday month in the Harris/Conner Family. Below are the birthdays for this month and we hope you all have a fabulous day!

August 12th - Mike (Amanda's Daddy)

August 19th - Ivy (Amanda's Cousin)

August 20th - Amanda

August 21st - Eric (Amanda's Cousin)

August 23rd - Angela (Amanda's Sister)

August 29th - Shawn (James' Dad)

Beyond that we hope everyone is doing well, my Granny and my Aunt Anita seems to be having some troubles so please keep them in your prayers. We love you all and think of you often.

All our love,

Amanda & James

No comments: