1.04.2008

Thoughts on New Years Resolutions

I am not sure why people do this. It is another way to feel inadequate in the middle of the year because you didn't maintain your resolution. Then you get to the end of the year and have completely forgotten what your resolution was 12 months prior.

So, this year I decided not to call it a resolution, but a chance for improvement. That being said, I decided once again to quit smoking, with of course the help from Nicoderm. I initially decided that I would have 3 "chances for improvement" categories: Personal, Professional and Financial. I ultimately decided that I had about 5 things I wanted to accomplish in each of those categories. I also determined that "Quit Smoking and Lose Weight" aren't things you want to pair together (those that smoke feel me on this). So I paired them anyway, in hopes that no longer smoking will give me more energy, allowing me to work out more. Then there's get pregnant, pay off more credit cards, go back to school.

The New Year really comes down to a time to determine everything that you haven't accomplished in life and somehow try to cram it all into one year. Perhaps the New Year should be a time to reflect on all of the positive things one has accomplished. For instance it was a very prosperous year for James and I; new jobs, new cars and much more that I choose not to post on my blog.

Here is hoping you took the time to reflect on your accomplishments of 2007!

No comments: