Good News. We finally seem to have a vacation planned. Me, James and Daddy have planned a trip to Tennessee at the end of June. Even though it is our first anniversary, we couldn't really think of anything to do, so we thought a trip with my dad would be fun. We thought about Las Vegas or the Carribbean, but we decided instead to do this. We mainly just want to get away for a week or so, it doesn't really matter where we go. Anywhere but here! Cell phones optional...sounds like vacation to me!
We are planning to stay in the Pigeon Forge area. We are looking forward to it, I think we will have a great time. After all, it is the Smoky Mountains, how bad could it be? James has never spent any time there and my dad and I have never been at the same time. Our initial plan was to fly there, but I checked flights yesterday and they want $333.00 per person! I was shocked. When my dad goes he said it's usually about $160.00 round-trip. I guess the gas prices are killing everyone. So, we figured, we could drive it and still come out cheaper than $1000.00 in flights.
The last time I was there I only stayed for a couple of days. It seemed like there was so much to do. I want to take James on the helicopter ride, and hike the mountains. I think he will have a blast, and my dad has been there alot so he can be our little tour guide. :)
4.19.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Are you going to stop by the Biltmore Estate in Ashville, NC? It's SO pretty there and the wine is really good
Less vacations and more working!
Hmm, giving my boss my blog space address may not have been a good idea...then he will be onto my plans to avoid working :)
gknee...thanks for the info...will we pause to stop by a winery that looks like a gazillion dollar mansion? I am sure we can squeeze that in!
No vacation for You. Back in the Mine Jenk!
Post a Comment