6.12.2006

We Finally Found a Church!

Ivy came home Friday and announced that she was going to church at a place called Celebration Church. She said it was non denominational, so I wasn't too sure what that meant. James is Baptist and I am Pentecostal. I am not too keen on the calmness of Baptists, and he is uncomfortable with swinging from the rafters so I thought it might be a good compromise. Sunday morning we went to the 11:00 service. We showed up and there are so many people they have people parking cars and cops directing traffic. We are both accustomed to smaller churches, but we were there so we went. When we got inside, the church was massive. There are rooms everywhere for children in different age brackets. Once we got to the main section, it was room filled with projectors, lights and technology. The music started and it was great. The singers were young and vibrant and although it was good, I still wasn't sure exactly what they practiced. Then the pastor came on. Pastor Stovall Weems. He is maybe in his early thirties, married and gets your attention very quickly and holds on to it. I REALLY enjoyed how he connects with younger people. The message was the final of a 4 part series called eMarriage, which was about moving from an eMarriage (Expectation Marriage) to a GMarriage (God First Marriage). James and I really enjoyed the message and it really spoke to us. if anyone is interested, parts 1 and 2 can be found here.

All in all we REALLY LOVED the church. The church is really God First and is not denominational and that was fine. I guess no matter what, all denominations have the same goal, so it doesn't matter what denomination you are. We agreed after church that we felt like something was missing from our lives, and we found it Sunday! We are going back, and will probably join this church. Anyway we were excited and I thought we would share!

No comments: