6.26.2008

Our Anniversary...

The (Leather) Gifts:

James got his gift a couple of months ago. In fact the day I got "The Baseball", he saw it in my truck; that was the extent of that. So, because it had been a couple of months, I didn't have the heart to not have a gift to exchange. I got a leather iPod case...and of course a new 80GB iPod Classic to go with it. His gift to me, however, was likely one of the most thoughtful gifts I could have ever received.

About 15 years ago, my daddy bought me a watch made by Montana Silversmiths, a maker of rather expensive western style watches. Not very long after, I lost that watch through a series of unfortunate events as a result of my stupidity. After I grew up, there came a point that I felt bad about having lost this watch; and it broke my heart every time I saw one.

We were in TN a couple of years ago for our anniversary and we ran across one of those watches and I told him the brief version of the story.

Yesterday, I opened my gift bag and there it was (pictured below). Just like the one my daddy gave me all those years ago. I can't believe he even remembered that, and it is probably the most thoughtful thing anyone has ever given me. My gift paled in comparison. Thank you to my thoughtful husband of three years...

Dinner:

We had dinner at the Charthouse on the river, right next to James' high rise he is working on. I love eating there. The food, the atmosphere, the ambiance, it's just wonderful. As we were sitting there, James noticed a pod of porpoises; and we watched those for a while. It was a really nice evening. They brought us a Key Lime pie with a candle on it for our Anniversary and of course we made a wish and blew out the candle. Perhaps this year our wish will come true...you wish it enough, then just maybe...with any luck that will be another post this year.


The watch...

No comments: