I don't know that much about this topic other than is seems to be extremely common.
In the last week I found out that my daddy has been having stress tests done and has to go in for a Heart Catheter to make sure there is nothing wrong with him. So while that is going on...
I got a call yesterday while I was leaving the office that my other dad (in GA) was admitted to the hospital for the same procedure, but instead of "just checking" he was being stinted. All said and done, he ended up with 6 stints and a small artery that is completely blocked and they won't fix it as it will risk further damage because it is so small. This morning, after having blood work to see if he can go home, they want to sonogram his neck because they believe his carotid artery may be blocked as well. This is all of course after he had a quadruple bypass a few years ago.
Actually, perhaps I don't have any thoughts on Heart Disease except that it is horrible. Kinda like cancer. I hate those diseases that you don't really see coming and to know that although you can do things to help prevent it, just like anything else, you can't really be 100% sure that you won't get it. You can eat right, work out, be drug free, smoke free, and alcohol free; and still....no guarantees.
6.20.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment