5.18.2006

Saving your dog from an alligator attack = hunting?

Ok, I don't generally chime in much on news articles, but this one for some reason is really bugging me. I was searching for something on Yahoo today when I saw a little article that stated searches on Alligator Attacks have increased 500% in the last week or so due to the 3 attacks in Florida recently. This in turn led me to an article on USAToday.com that was titled "Woman shoots gator that attacks dog". The gist of this article is that an alligator entered a woman's home in Bradenton, FL. The alligator came into the lanai, through the dog door, and attacked her Golden Retreiver, and the lady shot the alligator 4 times. The shock to me here is that deputies gave the woman a warning citation for "hunting without a license". HUNTING WITHOUT A LICENSE. Unbelievable. An alligator enters your home and you can't shoot it? I like to think that the deputies did this to keep animal rights activists at bay, considering it was only a warning. Still, very interesting.

No comments: