
Angela and Wesley came up on Saturday and spent the rest of the weekend with us. That was so nice, she has never stayed with us and I am so glad she got to come.

We all went to the pool Saturday afternoon after James got off work. Wesley had a ball! He doesn't get to go swimming much and although he was a little reluctant at first, he and James played alot! It didn't take him very long to get acclimated to the water.
We went to the back pool in our complex where we have this shallow area with three little fountains. Wesley liked it when James covered two of the spouts and water shot out of the other one. He kept sticking his face in it and getting a nose full of water. I am not sure how that is fun, but apparently he thought it was.Saturday night we grilled and played some card games.
On Sunday we went to the Shrimp Festival held every year in Fernandina Beach. Ivy and her friend Mike went with us. We walked around the Shrimp Festival and had a great time. The food there is so good; there is live music and arts and crafts. I especially like the arts and crafts at our festivals because they are all beach oriented. Beatiful seascape paintings, and little things like Surfboard Cloocks. If you ever get a chance to go, I highy recommend it! We are in the time of festivals here in Jacksonville and the surrounding areas, and the majority of them are held at the beaches. To me, it's when you really know summer is kicking off! I love this time of year!
After the festival, we went to the beach to beachcomb (look for sharks teeth, shells and the like). Although the sky looked like it was going to pour, we only got a few sprinkles. James, Wesley, Mike and Angela all found their first shark's teeth. Ivy and I (the pros) found several each. Fernandina Beach is one of the best places to find shark's teeth. There was one spot where we found 4 all in one place.
Well, thats the weekend update. I look forward to Angela coming again. We are talking about maybe going camping or taking small trip somewhere, hopefully we can get something together on that. Whatever we do, I am sure it will be a blast!

No comments:
Post a Comment