I thought I was so smart when I ordered James' Anniversary gift 2 months early. I thought, 'this will be great, I will order it early, and get it out of the budget so we aren't both shopping in the same month!' So, I ordered him 2 bottles of pretty expensive cologne, that I knew he REALLY wanted. They are new, and hard to find. But I found them. Sean John - Unforgivable and Armani - Black Code. So they came in yesterday from Sephora.com in this gorgeous gift wrapping with my card attached. In the desk drawer it went for safe keeping until June.
Last night after making dinner and waiting for James to get home, I looked around online for first anniversary ideas, to make sure I hadn't missed anything in the plans I am making for us. During which, I come across the words "Anniversary Materials". Um, yea, about that...I forgot there were traditional materials. Ours of which, if we took the traditional route would be paper. If we went the contemporary route, would be a clock. Naturally cologne falls into neither.
When James got home, I said "Did you know there are 'Anniversary Materials'?" To which he responded, "Yea, ours is paper." I knew at that point, that I had a problem. First of all, how did he know that? Second, how did I NOT know that?
After spending time trying to figure out how I could sell cologne as 'paper', I decided it was a losing battle and I gave him the cologne last night. Back to the drawing board I went.
Lying in bed last night, it occurred to me...'GATOR TICKETS!' Yea, thats it, I will get him tickets to a gator game this year! So this morning, first things first, I check online and realize that they are in the neighborhood of $250 per ticket. Then I check for the Braves, same thing. As I am looking at my Dell laptop, confused on what to buy him...it hits me! I got to work and I ordered it! But, I can't tell you what it is because he will read this. But it was BRILLIANT if I must say so myself!
Thanks for reading!
5.04.2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment